[SciPy-User] Projected Area

Kevin Gullikson kevin.gullikson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:21:17 EDT 2012

For the more general case, I would wager it has something to do with vector
projection, which you can use to find the length of a "shadow" cast by a
line.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_projection

Your case would be a 3d generalization of it, but I'm sure that has been
done somewhere...

Kevin Gullikson