[SciPy-User] Scipy.weave.inline and py2exe

Greg Friedland greg.friedland at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:42:32 EDT 2012

Hi All,
Is it possible to use scipy.weave.inline to create a windows exe with
py2exe? Perhaps this is too much to ask for because of the behind the
scenes stuff that inline does but I thought I'd ask anyway.

For the moment when I simply try to import scipy.weave, the exe
bundles but when I run it I get:

  File "scipy\weave\__init__.pyc", line 26, in <module>
  File "scipy\weave\inline_tools.pyc", line 5, in <module>
  File "scipy\weave\ext_tools.pyc", line 6, in <module>
  File "scipy\weave\build_tools.pyc", line 28, in <module>
  File "scipy\weave\platform_info.pyc", line 15, in <module>
  File "numpy\distutils\core.pyc", line 25, in <module>
  File "numpy\distutils\command\build_ext.pyc", line 9, in <module>
  File "distutils\command\build_ext.pyc", line 13, in <module>
  File "site.pyc", line 73, in <module>
  File "site.pyc", line 38, in __boot
ImportError: Couldn't find the real 'site' module

thanks,
Greg