[SciPy-User] Contributing to SciPy was Re: Least-squares fittings with bounds: why is scipy not up to the task?

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:16:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Scott Sinclair
<scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 March 2012 09:21, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Scott Sinclair
> > <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Selective copying could be useful, but that's still a lot of work and
> >> it doesn't look like there are (m)any volunteers at this stage.
> >

> > Can we start by removing recipes that aren't useful anymore, links to
> > external sites (there are ~40 OpenOpt / FuncDesigner links for example) and
> > the list of all pages? That would cut down the Cookbook page to a more
> > manageable size immediately.
>
> There's also quite a lot related to Matplotlib, MayaVi etc. which
> might have a better home with those projects.

I find it quite interesting to see those examples. I'm not involved in
those other projects,
 and this is the only time I would see "what's possible".
So, "SciPy Central/Cookbook" could be understood in
the broader sense of "Science with Python", rather than "only" how to
use the scipy-package....

My 2 cents.
Sebastian Haase