[SciPy-User] Contributing to SciPy was Re: Least-squares fittings with bounds: why is scipy not up to the task?

David Warde-Farley wardefar at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Mar 11 23:30:19 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-10, at 2:48 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> As a start, I added a link on the main scipy.org site. Adding it to http://new.scipy.org/would also be good - SciPy Central needs a logo though.

Not to belittle anyone's efforts, but it needs some aesthetic/design work too besides that.

I think a nontrivial element in StackOverflow's success has been that it's very easy on the eyes, very well designed, and everything is exactly where you expect it to be.

(That's one thing that I think new.scipy.org got relatively right; unfortunately there were workload vs. manpower problems, and problems with access to the hosting (that eventually got solved, albeit too late).)

David