[SciPy-User] Brentq

Robaula helmrp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 09:29:30 EDT 2012

The original question had to do with whether the code could produce a value slightly to the left of the bracketing interval. I never had to learn C, and don't like it. But I did pull up the C code, thanks to Joon's pointer to it. I noticed that your comments mention that "the order of xa [the current estimate] and xp [the previous estimate] doesn't matter". Does this mean that xp could be less than xa? If so, then I suppose it could fall slightly to the left of the bracketing interval [xa, xb]?