[SciPy-User] Classification using neural networks

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Jul 26 03:04:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 03:28:01PM -0400, Andrew Giessel wrote:
>    scikit-learn is probably a great place to start:
>    http://scikit-learn.org/stable/
>    Many algorithms for classification, including NNs.

Well, it has a perceptron implementation:
http://scikit-learn.org/dev/modules/generated/sklearn.linear_model.Perceptron.html
but not any multilayer-perceptron[*]. Thus, I don't really think that we can
claim that we have neural-network. That said, they are so 1990's :)

Gael

[*] A GSOC was suppose to implement this, this year, but the student
finally went for an internship at Google.