[SciPy-User] installing numpy and scipy for preinstalled Python 2.6 on Mac

Naser Nikandish n.nikandish at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:43:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am new to the whole numpy and scipy world. I was going to install both
but I read mixed things about installation problems compatibility etc. Here
is the system I am using:

Mac OS Lion 10.7
I am using Python 2.6 that comes preinstalled on Mac. The reason I am not
using Python 10.7 is that I need to use Gurobi which at the moments can be
used by Python 2.6 on Mac.

I was wondering if there is any clear procedure on installing NumPy and
SciPy on this system. I really appreciate your help. Btw, I know numpy
comes preinstalled on my mac, but it would be nice to install the latest
version, if possible.