[SciPy-User] Calling LAPACK function dbdsqr()?

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Fri Dec 14 10:48:09 EST 2012

On Dec 14, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> If you are building SciPy from source, just add the interface to
> scipy/linalg/flapack.pyf.src and scipy.linalg.lapack.get_lapack_funcs
> will get it for you. I would be nice if SciPy exposed all of LAPACK,
> even the parts it doesn't use, but currently it don't.
>
> If you're not building SciPy from source, yopu can e.g. write a .pyf
> file for dbdsqr and use f2py and and link with your LAPACK library. If
> you prefer to avoid Fortran, but already have a LAPACK library, you can
> also use LAPACKE with Cython (or ctypes).

Thanks, Sturla. Our code is distributed to others as part of an application suite. We don't ask our users to compile anything, nor can we necessarily predict what libraries will be available on the machine outside of our app's prerequisites. Our app requires numpy and scipy, so I was really hoping to get at it from one of those two libraries.

Cheers
Philip