[SciPy-User] Saving result of sparse.linalg.splu and spilu to file\disk

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Aug 6 14:31:48 EDT 2012

06.08.2012 20:11, Dave Smith kirjoitti:
> I'm trying to save the result of a (sparse.linalg.spilu) LU
> decomposition of A such that  Ax = b to disk. I only need the result
> once to apply to many sets of b (solutions). The spilu takes  ~ 4hours
> to compute.
>
> Unfortunately, the object returned is a 'factored_lu' type and I don't
> know how to save this to disk. It won't pickel or mashal:
[clip]
> Any ideas......?

The result of the LU decomposition is in SuperLU internal format that is
not exposed via the Python interface.

You'll need to dig into SuperLU source code and take a look at the Scipy
wrapper. The relevant source files are under

    scipy/sparse/linalg/dsolve/

in Scipy's source code.

--
Pauli Virtanen