[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ValueError: The truth value of an array with more than one element is ambiguous.

surfcast23 surfcast23 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:46:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

 I have an if statement and what I want it to do is go through arrays and
find the common elements in all three arrays. When I try the code below I
get this error

ValueError: The truth value of an array with more than one element is
ambiguous. Use a.any() or a.all()

Can some one explain the error to me and how I might be able to fix it.
Thanks in advance.

if min <= Xa <=max & min <= Ya <=max & min <= Za <=max:
     print("in range")
else:
  print("Not in range")