[SciPy-User] MODIS data and true-color plotting

Arnaldo Russo arnaldorusso at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 15:27:28 EST 2011

Hi Gökhan,

Try to use "pyhdf"

wget -c http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pysclint/pyhdf/0.8.3/pyhdf
-0.8.3.tar.gz
tar zxvf pyhdf-0.8.3.tar.gz
cd pyhdf-0.8.3/
sudo apt-get  install libhdf4-dev
sudo apt-get  install python2.6-dev
cd pyhdf
sudo apt-get install swig
swig -python hdfext.i
cd ..
export INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/include/hdf
export LIBRARY_DIRS=/usr/lib
export NOSZIP=1
python setup.py install

May be you could use h4toh5 and use pytables.

2 - I'm trying to get ocean color variables through pyhdf package, but I'm
still working on.
If you have any advance, post here your feedback, please.

Regards,
Arnaldo

----
*Arnaldo D'Amaral Pereira Granja Russo*
Lab. de Estudos dos Oceanos e Clima
Instituto de Oceanografia
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande
e-mail arnaldorusso [at] gmail [dot] com
tel   (53) 3233-6855