[SciPy-User] np_inline 0.3 released

J. David Lee johnl at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 9 11:15:04 EST 2011

Hello.

This morning I released version 0.3 of np_inline, a module for in-lining
C code in python. np_inline is a simple alternative to weave.inline for
embedding C code in python. Its main selling points are:

1) simplicity - Implemented in a single file with less than 500 lines
including the C-file template, comments, docstrings, and whitespace.
2) simplicity - Generated C files are human-readable and reasonably
formatted.
3) multiprocessing support - Works properly with python threads or
processes.

I've been using this module daily for over a year without issue, and
would be happy to hear any comments or criticisms.

A source distribution and documentation is available on the web at:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~johnl/np_inline/

or on github:

https://github.com/johnnylee/np_inline

or using easy_install or pip.