[SciPy-User] scipy 0.9 fails tests in windows XP

k0ala k0ala.gmane at augrime.net
Wed Nov 9 04:55:27 EST 2011

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2011-January/015868.html

> Ran 4728 tests in 69.475s
> FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=12, SKIP=42, failures=2)
> <nose.result.TextTestResult run=4728 errors=0 failures=2>
> Is this going to be a problem for using scipy? Do you have any recommendations
> for getting it to work, or for doing a cleaner install?
>
> That one failure isn't likely to give you problems. If you want to investigate
> anyway, you can start with checking the questions by Pauli in the thread I
> linked to.Cheers,Ralf

Hi Ralf, Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I will follow up on it, because if I
understand correctly, if this problem were to occur while I am using the
software, it would not raise any flags or warnings, just output incorrect
results. I'm not really comfortable using the library knowing that sometimes
eigenvector computations are way off...

If I find any solutions, I will follow up on this post.

Best,
k0ala