[SciPy-User] technical question: normed exponential fit for data?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:28:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 15:14, Daniel Mader
<danielstefanmader at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> no, x is °C, but I use to specify temperature differences in K sind I
> find °C only useful as an absolute value.
>
> Maybe you are right about the intercept, but you need to keep in mind
> that this is a complicated chemical assay. I wouldn't make any
> assumption for temperatures lower than 15°C and higner than 35°C. In
> my experiment, temperatures are typically between 20 and 25°C...
>
> Judging from the data, I would say that an exponential behavior is
> justified, i.e. the light emission increases with some percent per
> delta T. To my understanding, that is the exact description for an
> exponential curve, or am I mistaken?

The #0 data really looks much more like the line than the exponential
fit, at least in this temperature regime. That is, for a certain delta
T, you get a certain number of extra photons regardless of where you
are on the line.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."