[SciPy-User] Scipy.spatial.Delaunay

Dan Richards D.Richards at mmu.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 10:57:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on a project that requires Delaunay triangulation of a set of points in 3D space.
I am trying to use 'Scipy.spatial.Delaunay' to convert a set of [x,y,z] points into vertices that define the triangulated simplexes/faces, however I am struggling to work out which attributes give me this data?

#So far I simply have a set of points:
Points = [[0,0,0],[10,91,23],[53,4,66],[49,392,49],[39,20,0]]

#I am then using:
x = scipy.spatial.Delaunay(Points)

I am sure for here it is very simple, however I have been struggling to understand which attributes I need access to get the vertices of connecting lines?

*         x.vertices?

*         x.neighbors?

*         x.vertex_to_simplex?

*         x.convex_hull...?

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "