[SciPy-User] manifold learning tools?

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 14 11:32:01 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 05:58:50PM +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Zachary Pincus
> <zachary.pincus at yale.edu> wrote:
> > Oh great, thanks! I poked around the scikits.learn repo a bit but must
> > have missed those -- sorry. I'll check that out in more detail.

> I looked at the docs for scikits.learn now, but it doesn't seem as
> though one can specify the diffusion map kernel?

Which code are you refeering to exactly?

In the code I know, you have to apply it yourself. However, this code is
still fairly barebones, and will need more work, in particular to define
good APIs. This will happen when we merge in the manifold module (give it
a month).

The code for diffusion maps is indeed fairly short, but in the scikit we
play all the tricks we can to be numerically efficient (and they are not
always trivial).

Gaël