[SciPy-User] Reading TDM/TDMS Files with scipy

Dudi Bitran dodibitran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 04:43:53 EST 2011

Sebastian Haase <seb.haase <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Floris <florisje <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Nils Wagner <nwagner <at> iam.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
> >

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to read TDM/TDMS files with scipy ?
> >>
> >> I found a tool for Matlab
> >> http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5957
> >>
> >> Nils
> >>

> > Hello Nils,
> > I made a little tool for that: pyTDMS.
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytdms/
> > Hope that helps.
> > Floris
> >
> Hi Floris,
>
> this is great news !  I hope I find time to try it out soon.
>
> - Sebastian

The file looks great but when i try to use this file i get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<module1>", line 17, in <module>
  File "<module1>", line 14, in main
  File "pyTDMS.py", line 892, in read
    data = readSegment(f,sz,data)
  File "pyTDMS.py", line 755, in readSegment
    newdata = readRawData(f,leadin,newobjects,newobjectorder,filesize)
  File "pyTDMS.py", line 609, in readRawData
    n_chunks = total_chunks / chunk_size

I tried to debug it but i couldn't find the source of the problem
If you can please help me I'm trying for a very long time to read this files in
python.