[SciPy-User] PyData GitHub organization for pandas, other data-related projects

Wes McKinney wesmckinn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:55:36 EST 2011

I've been long overdue in creating a GitHub organization for pandas,
especially since a significant number of people have become engaged in
its development and use in recent times. I figured rather than create
a pandas-only organization, that the community would benefit for a
Python for Data Analysis / Data Science organization for helping
organize our development efforts:

http://github.com/pydata

I will be moving the main pandas repo there soon, away from my
personal GitHub account (wesm) and will adopt a somewhat more
pull-request oriented approach to my development work there going
forward. I'll be happy to give push privileges on pandas and other
projects of mine to anyone who's interested, as soon as you "earn your
wings" (make some pull requests and demonstrate general git
competency).

I think the pydata org would be a good home for other projects in the
same problem domain-- I look forward to fruitful collaborations going
forward.

best,
Wes