[SciPy-User] Integration from x1 to x2 of normal distribution

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri Apr 8 09:32:51 EDT 2011

Hej Scipy-users,

it some time ago when I asked you about normal distributions and integrations...
...it's so long ago that I forgot how it worked, so maybe you can help me again:

I have roughly following function of two superimposed normaldistributions:

function = p * Normaldistribution1 + (1-p) * Normaldistribution2

for each normaldistribution I've got the scale (standard deviation) and the mean as a variable (s1, s2, m1, m2).

Now I want the integral of this function from x1 to x2. How can I do that? Can that be solved
with the scipy.stats package?

thank you
/johannes