[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:54:03 EDT 2010

On 30 October 2010 22:38, william ratcliff <william.ratcliff at gmail.com>wrote:

> How about "scisnippets"?  I'll try to start a prototype tomorrow so we have
> something tangible.

That sounds a bit too narrow. From how I see it, we can distinguish three or
four submit-categories (I'm not sure whether the first two should be
combined):
  * snippets (few lines of code)
  * modules / scripts (single file)
  * packages (multiple files)
  * referenced project (linking to say googlecode or github)

Thanks for taking this on, William. I really think this is a great project
and I think this can become something big. Sadly, I'm not in a position to
do any actual work, as I have no experience with Zope, and have not much
free time to spare with my 5 month old son at home :)

Cheers,
  Almar