[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

John washakie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:15:28 EDT 2010

+1 on pypi, but it needs some features added to it. Creating something
between Matlab file exchange and vim scripts would be ideal.

I've just checked out ask.scipy.org, but this doesn't seem what the OP
is after. Furthermore, is there really no search feature here??

I think what pypi needs to fill this void is some features such as:

1) a separation of simple scripts versus packages (so really we need
PyScript... also)

2) a good rating system

3) a good comment system

--john

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Joshua Holbrook
<josh.holbrook at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised nobody's mentioned pypi yet:  http://pypi.python.org/pypi
>
> --Josh
>
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/29/2010 4:53 PM, Almar Klein wrote:
>>> The Matlab file exchange is a great tool for developers to easily publish small (but also larger) pieces of code
>>
>> The Cookbook holds small pieces of code:
>> http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook
>>
>> fwiw,
>> Alan Isaac

Configuration
``````````````````````````
Plone 2.5.3-final,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2),
Python 2.6
PIL 1.1.6
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix 2.4.5