[SciPy-User] scipy.io.loadmat error when trying to read a .mat file

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Oct 4 10:16:04 EDT 2010

Mon, 04 Oct 2010 08:30:14 -0500, Dharhas Pothina wrote:
> I'm using scipy 0.8.0 and having problems using the loadmat function.
> I've looked through the forum and found a few posts that seem related
> separately to this warning and error but not the solution. Any help is
> appreciated.

(i) Does it happen with a specific .mat file only, or with all files? If
a specific file, it would be useful if you can put it available somewhere.

(ii) How did you install Scipy 0.8.0 (which binaries?)

(iii) Try running the test suite,

>>> import scipy.io
>>> scipy.io.test("full", verbose=2, extra_argv=["--exe"])

Does it pass?