[SciPy-User] Proposal for a new data analysis toolbox

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:16:29 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman at gmail.com> wrote:
> This thread started on the numpy list:
> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2010-November/053958.html
>
> I think we should narrow the focus of the package by only including
> functions that operate on numpy arrays.

That might be overly restrictive.  What about fast incremental code
that is not array based (ie it is real time streaming rather than a
post hoc computation on arrays).  Eg, a cython ringbuffer with support
for nan, percentiles, min, max, mean, std, median, etc....  Eric
Firing wrote a ringbuf class that provides this functionality that is
very useful, and this packages seems like a perfect place to host
something like that.

JDH