[SciPy-User] Weave compilation problems

Christer Malmberg Christer.Malmberg.0653 at student.uu.se
Sat May 22 03:22:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use weave, but I't doesn't work. Here is the error I get:

  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scipy\weave\build_tools.py", line 272, in
build_extension
    setup(name = module_name, ext_modules = [ext],verbose=verb)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\core.py", line
184, in setup
    return old_setup(**new_attr)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\core.py", line 162, in setup
    raise SystemExit, error
CompileError: error: Bad file descriptor

I know nothing about C++ programming, the code is part of a package I
need to use for
curve fitting. I contacted the author, but he suggested the problem is
in my setup of
weave. I'm running windows, with the Visual Express 2008 compiler,
latest SciPy/Numpy and
python 2.6.5.

I didn't find anything on this error while googleing. Anyone have an
idea what might be
the problem?

Best regards,
Christer Malmberg