[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Mon Mar 15 14:20:51 EDT 2010

A Friday 12 March 2010 18:44:04 Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio escrigué:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Paul Anton Letnes <
>
> paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  (Or, alternatively, did I miss a great netCDF python module that someone
> > could tell me about?)
>
> As for the documentation, PyTables can also read/write netCDF:
> - http://www.pytables.org/docs/manual/ch07.html

No.  The above is only an API that emulates the NetCDF interface of the
Scientific package, and do not create (nor can read either) pure NetCDF files.
For creating/reading NetCDF files, better use the netcdf4-python project:

 http://code.google.com/p/netcdf4-python/

--
Francesc Alted