[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ATLAS install has no effect

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 12 01:43:18 EST 2010

On 11-Mar-10, at 4:37 PM, Ian Goodfellow wrote:

> Sure, that's a good call to know about. It looks like it's not using
> the same setting for library_dirs as what's in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH would need to have been set at build time, not just at
run time. AFAIK NumPy will only link ATLAS in statically (I could be
wrong about this). At the very least it needs to know what BLAS you
are using at compile time.

A good bet is to use site.cfg to explicitly tell NumPy's build scripts
where to look for these things.

David