[SciPy-User] Google Summer of Code...

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 8 03:52:25 EST 2010

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for taking the time to outline a potential GSoC project.  It is
definitely worth taking the time to add it to the wiki:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/wiki/SummerofCodeIdeas

Unfortunately, though, it isn't likely that a project like this will
be accepted this year.  But it will be nice to have the proposal
written down because someone might decide to work on it without a GSoC
or someone might do the project next year.

I forwarded an email from Titus Brown, which explains that the PSF
will be looking for Py3K-related projects this year.  So if we get any
GSoC projects funded this year, they will probably be focused on
porting numpy, scipy, matplotlib, ipython, etc. to Py3K.

Thanks,
Jarrod