[SciPy-User] splmake gone from documentation

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Tue Mar 2 14:45:30 EST 2010

I'm teaching a numerical analysis class and we are talking about
different kinds of splines.  I notice in some old scipy documentation
that splmake is a nice function for making different kinds of splines
(i.e., clamped, free, not_a_knot, etc.).  However, I can't find splmake
in the reference documentation at http://docs.scipy.org/doc/ in either
the 0.7 or 0.8dev docs.  I see splmake in my 0.7.0 installation, though
(in the interpolate/interpolate.py file).

Is the function splmake deprecated?  I also notice that it is called (in
the code) in the interp1d class init function, but it's impossible to
specify the type (e.g., a clamped spline).  Is there a reason why the
kind argument is not passed to splmake?

Thanks,

Jason

--