[SciPy-User] Google Summer of Code...

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:43:34 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 16:35,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Christopher Barker
> <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Are we going to try to get some sciPy project in GSoC under the Python
>> umbrella this year? Or might it be worth applying to be a mentoring
>> organization?
>>
>> Has anyone started thinking about it?
>
> I sure hope we do, and one project is stats.
>
> Who is organizing gsoc for scipy/numpy?

You, apparently. Congratulations!

More seriously, I don't think there is going to be any organization on
our side, per se. Like every other year, scipy-relevant projects will
most likely be taken care of by the PSF acting as an umbrella
organization. People willing to mentor should contact the PSF
coordinator. By all means, use our mailing lists and Wiki to talk
about possible projects and connect students to mentors, but it's
mostly going to be up to the volunteer mentors to work with the PSF
and your students to get the project proposals submitted and selected.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco