[SciPy-User] Error on importing scikits.learn

David Trethewey dlrt2 at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 06:51:14 EST 2010

I have traced it back to an error in compiling scikits.learn itself:

building 'scikits.learn.machine.em._rawden' extension
compiling C sources
C compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC

compile options: '-I/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.6 -c'
gcc: scikits/learn/machine/em/src/pure_den.c
scikits/learn/machine/em/src/pure_den.c:7:20: error: Python.h: No such
file or directory

David