[SciPy-User] Question about scikits.timeseries.lib.moving_funcs.mov_average

Andreas lists at hilboll.de
Wed Jun 23 08:11:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

in the docstring to mov_average() it says:

   The result will also be masked at i if any of the input values in the
   slice ``[i-span:i+1]`` are masked

Is there any way to prevent this behaviour? I have a very patchy
timeseries (one value every 3 to 6 days), and I'd like to use the
mov_average function to smooth these data. Any idea how to do that?
mov_average(data,20) would have been perfect, if not for the masked values

What I tried so far is

   mov_average(data.compressed(),20)

but that has the same size as data.compressed(). I would really like to
have daily values ..

Thanks for your insight!

Cheers,

Andreas.