[SciPy-User] web applications

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Wed Jun 9 21:13:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Nils Wagner
<nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:14:10 -0400
>  Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:55, Nils Wagner
>><nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> AFAIK matplotlib can be used in web applications.
>>> How about numpy and scipy ?
>>
>> Yes, of course. Since matplotlib uses numpy, it would be
>>weird if
>> numpy didn't work in a web app.
>>
>>> Any pointer or reference would be appreciated.
>>
>> Just use numpy or scipy exactly as you would anywhere
>>else.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Kern
>>
>> "I have come to believe that the whole world is an
>>enigma, a harmless
>> enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to
>>interpret it as
>> though it had an underlying truth."
>>  -- Umberto Eco
>
> There are so many web frameworks, e.g. Django, Grok,
> Pylons,
> TurboGears, web2py, Zbope.
>
> What is recommended ?

I guess it depend on your end goal but I found web2py very quick to
get up and running and I have done a little using matplotlib and
numpy/scipy with it. I would need to look a little but I know there is
a very nice tutorial on using matplotlib with web2py.

Vincent