[SciPy-User] How to keep current scipy version installed

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Sun Jun 6 00:27:55 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to keep the most current scipy installed. By this I mean
>> the current development version not the most recent release. What is
>> the best way to update. I would like to use git
>> git://github.com/cournape/numpy.git and
>> git://github.com/pv/scipy-work.git as it seems that scipy is moving to
>> git. But I am unsure the best way to go about update.
>> Any advice?
>>
> Follow the instructions here: http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/GitMirror

Well that doesn't really answer my question, I have ok knowledge of
working with git. What I am asking is right now scipy is installed in
(Mac osx)
/Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework/Versions/6.1/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy

So if I want to update this installed scipy. To do this do I keep a
scipy clone/branch/... in another folder and the do a norman install
or is it possible to directly update. I suppose if only non-compiled
files change I can just update those files rather than doing an
install.

Thanks
Vincent