[SciPy-User] ODEINT/ODE solvers redesign--anyone for a sprint at SciPy 2010?

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dagss at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri Jun 4 15:40:32 EDT 2010

Warren Weckesser wrote:
> It's about time we tackled the issue of the ODE solvers in SciPy.   Some
> notes about the issue are on the wiki:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/wiki/OdeintRedesign
>
> This would be a great topic for a sprint at the SciPy conference.  I
> just added it to the list of suggested sprint topics, so give it a vote
> if you are going to be there and are interested in working on this.

I'm not going to be there, but I have an interest in this...

Anyway here's an idea that may or may not be beyond the scope of this
redesign: It would be great with support for fast Cython callbacks, so
that one can implement a class in Cython and have the whole process run
in compiled code without any interpreter steps per loop.

Basically, just do

cdef class DoubleFunction: ...

if not isinstance(callback, DoubleFunction):
    callback = CallPythonFunctionDoubleFunction(callback)

Perhaps one could accept ctypes function pointers too...

Dag Sverre