[SciPy-User] many test failures on windows 64

Robin robince at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:52:16 EDT 2010

2010/7/6 Jochen Schröder <cycomanic at gmail.com>:
> Just for the record, there's a large number of remote desktop solutions
> for Linux: remote X, VNC, NX and there's NeatX which is an open source
> NX server writtten by Google. Sorry doesn't help with your problems though.

Thanks... I find X and VNC are not really comparable to RDP in terms
of usability (eg performance, connecting from different resolutions,
keeping sessions, suitability for windows users etc.) NX is great but
quite expensive. I didn't know about NeatX so I will have a look. But
it doesn't have a release yet so I imagine its a little experimental.
I stil think that for sharing a well equipped workstation among a
small laboratory group (with no command line experience) win 7 and
remote desktop is the best solution.

Cheers

Robin