[SciPy-User] Matrix Exponentials For Very Large Sparse Matrices

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:53:36 EST 2010

For me your problem looks like an ODE and therefore you should use an
ODE integrator.
This should work also for very large problems in principle.
For quantum mechanics there are special ODE integrators that have
special invariances, e.g.
that the total probability is fixed 1. If I remember correctly
symplectic integration schemes are quite useful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symplectic_integrator