[SciPy-User] Quick question about selecting periodical data with scikits.timeseries

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:34:44 EST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Paweł Rumian wrote:

> Anyway, one more question - is there any convenient method to plot
> such converted data? If I use simple tsplot, the dates are aligned
> horizontally, which is not what I want. Now I'm viewing them with
> something like:
> for row in converted_data: plot row
> but I wonder if there is a more 'proper' way of handling this.

Ah, you wanna plot your data year by year, right ? In that case, you don't really need the dates anymore, and I suggest you plot the .series attribute instead (that's the masked array that stores only the data. It has faster access than the whole timeseries because you don't have to access the dates anymore).
Now, your problem simplifies into : how to plot multiple rows at once. You can loop on the rows, or check in matplotlib if there's not another trick (try a LineCollection if you don't need different colors for different years/rows)