[SciPy-User] Quick question about selecting periodical data with scikits.timeseries

Paweł Rumian gorkypl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 09:24:46 EST 2010

hello,

Working more and more with scikits.timeseries and hydroclimpy I'm
still impressed by their performance and abilities.

I cannot found, hovewer, a native method of selecting data included in
a given (regular) period. Is there one?

In my particular case, I have daily data for the last fifteen years,
and I'd like to split them into fifteen annual series, or 15*12
monthly series, and so on...

I know I can select data from one period using something like:
series.['1996-01-01':'1996-12-31']
and of course I can write a function that will iterate over all years
- but since I've found that many of the functions I wrote were
included in the package, I don't want to make this mistake once more
;)

greetings,
Paweł