[SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries or matplotlib plotting problem?

Paweł Rumian gorkypl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:15:59 EST 2010

hello,

I'm doing some research on climate data, using Python with NumPy.
Yesterday I started implementing the scikits.timeseries package in my
work, which occured to be almost perfect idea, but recently I ran into
a problem with data visualisation.

After some (not many) tests it seems that something weird happens when
there is a gap in the data - the drawing is stopped there.

To be more clear - after compiling the first example from the page:
http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/lib.plotting.examples.html
the result is:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5506/testg.png

So it looks like the plotting was somehow 'stopped' after the first
occurence of a hole in the data.

As you can see the horizontal scale is correct (it's the same as on
the webpage), but the one along the y-axis seems to be aligned to fit
the broken plot.

The other two examples (with consistent datasets) are plotted without a problem.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason of this?
What settings/packages should I check?

greetings,
Paweł Rumian