[SciPy-User] timeseries and candlestick()

Matt Knox mattknox.ca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:37:15 EST 2010

James <j33433 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone managed to plot a candlestick chart with a timeseries? Is there an
> easy way to wrap the matplotlib.finance.candlestick call?

I don't know anything about the candlestick function, but you can get the
underlying MaskedArray for a TimeSeries object with the .series property of
the TimeSeries object. You can get raw datetime objects for the time axis by
doing mytimeseries.dates.tolist(), so from there it should be fairly straight
forward to pass the data into matplotlib functions I think.

- Matt