[SciPy-User] Convert a time-frequency array to sound file

Yannick Copin y.copin at ipnl.in2p3.fr
Fri Feb 12 09:59:34 EST 2010

Hi,

for some illustration (!) purposes, I would like to convert a time-frequency
array (originating from a time series of spectra f(wavelegnth)) into an
audible sound clip, e.g. a WAV file. I quickly looked at what's available
under numpy/python (http://wiki.python.org/moin/Audio/, or Audiolab), but I
couldn't find a single procedure to do this conversion.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about sound processing, and this is just for
fun, similar to what has been done there:
http://newscenter.lbl.gov/feature-stories/2010/01/25/music-of-the-universe/

Any hints or links on how to do that in a simple way?

Cheers,
--
    .~.   Yannick COPIN  (o:>*  Doctus cum libro
    /V\   Institut de physique nucléaire de Lyon