[SciPy-User] swig and OpenMP

Rohit Garg rpg.314 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:04:00 EST 2010

It's another symptom of a much bigger disease.

Whenever you ask your compiler (atleast GCC) to instrument your code,
certain symbols are added. These symbols are
undocumented/subject-to-change.

Whenever you try to import such a module into python, the dynamic
library loader will complain about these symbols.

For instance, if you try to  compile your extension module with
Profile guided optimization, you'll land into the same problems.

The only reasonable fix I see for these kinds of problems is to embed
Python instead of extending it. Unfortunately, it also seems to be a
lot less popular/easy/common.