[SciPy-User] OT: matplotlib.testing

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 23:23:08 EDT 2010

How do I get access to the testing facilities of matplotlib?

(I don't seem to be able to sign up to matlab-user yet, so I'm trying here.)

I finally managed my first (kind of baby) GUI with matplotlib, the
diagrams/plots look good but I don't have any tests to keep it this
way.

for the graph testing (GUI testing is indefinitely postponed), I would
like matplotlib.testing.compare as in
http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/trunk/matplotlib/test/mplTest/MplTestCase.py?revision=7649&view=markup&pathrev=7652

How do I get access to it, and are there any docs for doing testing of
matplotlib plots ?

my outcome so far:

>>> mpl.__version__
'0.99.1'
>>> import matplotlib.testing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named testing
>>> import matplotlib.testing.compare as compare
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named testing.compare

Thanks, and sorry for being off-topic.

Josef
(TDD by staring at plots and graphs and diagrams; T&E instead of RTFM,
where F=Full)