[SciPy-User] Installing issue with python 2.7, numpy 1.5.0b1 in my Mac

Markus Hubig mhubig at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:25:34 EDT 2010

Hmm it seems SciPy don't like me at all ... ;-) Now the installation of
numpy (the usual way
without using pip) was OK (I have the numpy/core/lib/npy-pkg-config dir) but
SciPy still fails
to compile. But now I get gfortran and ln errors ... see:
http://gist.github.com/538418

Damn!

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:07 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>wrote:

> '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/__init__.pyc'
> >>>>
> > And as you can see here http://gist.github.com/536443 I didn't get an
> error
> > installing the
> > new numpy-1.5.0b2 but SciPy also didn't install with this one ...
>
> Could you install both numpy and scipy the standard way, without pip
> being involved at all ? I tried the last beta with python2.7 on Linux
> without pip, and it installs the numpy/core/lib/npy-pkg-config
> directory as expected. So I suspect either pip or some mac os
> x-specific bug,
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Can't read my mail? Just don't hold it that way!