[SciPy-User] Win7. Why Don't Matplotlib, ... Show up in Control Panel Add-Remove?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 22:24:55 EDT 2010

That's interesting. I just searched for numpy, and found all the
installers were exe, and not msi. Same for matplotlib, and scipy.

I just looked at the users manual, and it shows only exe. OK, at one
time the product distributed msi files. Well, this is still a mystery.

On 8/8/2010 6:50 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 20:42, Wayne Watson<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>
>> Funny, I wrote the post; however, my intention here is to find out why
>> that seems to be true. Why is MPL so special that it doesn't list in
>> Control Panel Add-Remove?
>>
> Most likely you used an MSI installer for numpy and the .exe
> installers for scipy and matplotlib. The things in the Add-Remove
> panel are only MSIs.

             "An experiment is a question which science poses to
              Nature, and a measurement is the recording of
              Nature’s answer." -- Max Planck

                     Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>