[SciPy-User] visualizing scipy...

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 02:25:46 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Anthony Palomba <apalomba at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Hey folks, I am new to scipy, I would like to explore computational geometry
> with scipy. To do so, I need a way to visualize my experiments. What is
> the best thing to use to visualize 2d and 3d data in scipy?

Scipy itself purposely doesn't offer any graphical capabilities - it
relies on 3rd party packages. The most used package is matplotlib, for
publication quality graphics - it does mostly 2d, with a bit of 3d. If
you know matlab, matplotlib gives you a similar feature set.

For more involved 3d, there is mayavi. Other options such are chaco
are available, with a somewhat different focus than matplotlib.

David