[SciPy-User] site.cfg problems : scipy can't find BLAS

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 04:04:27 EDT 2010

josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM, John Reid <j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
>> josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:

>>> I don't know Linux nor gotblas, but I think that here you are telling
>>> numpy distutils that all libraries and include are under AMD and
>>> UMFPACK
>> I do have /usr/local/lib at the front of these library lists. That is
>> where the libgoto.a and libgoto.so are stored. How else should I tell it
>> where these libraries are?
>
> My mistake, I didn't know : works as separator
> the only other thing, I can think of, is whether it looks for the
> correct filenames, is goto2_penrynp-r1.13
> the actual filename?
Yes. Well I have both libgoto2_penrynp-r1.13.a and
libgoto2_penrynp-r1.13.so in /usr/local/lib

> my impression is that
> #[blas_opt]
> #libraries = ptf77blas, ptcblas, atlas
> #
> #[lapack_opt]
> #libraries = lapack, ptf77blas, ptcblas, atlas
>
> refer to actual filenames of the libraries (maybe minus prefix and extension).
>
> But I'm usually debugging by trial and error (and I'm not too bad on
> it on Windows), so the guess in your case might be as bad as my first
> guess.
That's what I find frustrating : python setup.py produces all these
warnings and errors but they don't seem to relate directly to the
sections in site.cfg. As far as I can tell from the documentation on the
website, I've done the right thing. Unfortunately its not working and
the error messages aren't constructive enough to help me fix it.