[SciPy-User] criteria's to get the exit mode '0

jagan prabhu jagan_cbe2003 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Sep 18 09:40:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using the scipy optimization routine 'fmin_slsqp' and  'fmin_l_bfgs_b' in both the case exit mode '0' represents optimization terminated successfully / convergence is achieved.

What are the criteria's to get the exit mode '0' ?

Because if i change my initial parameters by very small increment or decrement, i am getting huge difference in my optimized functional value & optimized parameter values.

so i like to know,
How do the optimization routine determines this the optimized parameters and optimized functional value?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Jagan

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/