[SciPy-User] Low pass filter

Kaan AKŞİT kunguz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:17:09 EDT 2009

Thanks Ivo, The problem is after filtering I got the same signal. I wanted
to clear the frequencies higher then 5 Hz. My code is similar to yours but
the output doesn't seem logical:

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import time, array, datetime
import matplotlib
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from scipy import *
from scipy.signal import butter, lfilter

input = 0
timing = []
voltage  = []
values = []

input = 0
infile = open('measurements/' + "data.csv", "r")
for line in infile.readlines():
    values = line.split(',')
    voltage.insert(input,float(values[0]))
    timing.insert(input,float(values[1]))
    input = input + 1
plt.xlabel('Time steps')
plt.ylabel('Voltage')
plt.title('Measurments from Oscilloscope')
plt.grid(True)
plt.plot(voltage,timing)
[b,a]=butter(2,5)
voltagelowp=lfilter(b,a,voltage)