[SciPy-User] Using geographic coordinates with pyshapelib

Joe Kington jkington at wisc.edu
Sat Sep 12 16:53:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

For geographic data with a datum of WGS84, the .prj file should have this
(just a single line of text, with a .prj extension on the file)
GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]]

Sorry I didn't include that earlier!  Hope it helps!
-Joe